The Future of Quality and Patient Safety
Delivering the highest-quality care is at the core of everything we do. Saint Francis Healthcare System is taking that focus to the next level – with an array of initiatives and clinical partnerships geared toward improving the patient experience – to stay the premier healthcare delivery network in our five-state region.
Key Quality and Safety Measures
Our comprehensive quality initiatives include:
- A new Patient Tower featuring private patient rooms.
- Locked medication drawers to promote safer medication administration.
- The new Epic electronic medical records system for united provider communication to enhance individualized patient care.
- Recognition when departments achieve exceptional quality and patient safety results.
- Exclusive local affiliations with the Cleveland Clinic Heart and Vascular Institute and MD Anderson Cancer Network® to improve the scope and delivery of patient safety and quality for the region.
- Ongoing relationships with skilled nursing facilities in the area to decrease hospital readmissions and improve the transition of patient care.
- Stroke Center accreditation by The Joint Commission, the nation’s leading accreditation organization committed to improving safety and quality in healthcare, with its stroke care Gold Seal of Approval.
This dedication to quality and safety initiatives continues to pay off. Saint Francis received the 2017 Healthgrades® Outstanding Patient Experience Award™, and as a recipient of this patient experience award for the eighth time, including 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 we are Cape Girardeau County’s only hospital to achieve this award and also be ranked in the top ten percent nationwide for outstanding patient experience in 2017. It’s an honor we strive to achieve every year.
In February 2017, Saint Francis was named one of eight hospitals in Missouri, and the only in Cape Girardeau county, that received top scores for positive nurse communication with patients, according to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
All these quality and safety measures are helping Saint Francis provide an exceptional patient experience and excellent patient outcomes.