At Advanced Orthopedic Specialists, our highly trained doctors are expert orthopedic specialists. When you are seen by one of our experts, you know that you are being treated by an experienced doctor who is focused on and dedicated to delivering orthopedic excellence.
- A Cape Girardeau native, Dr. James Edwards is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon providing care for a wide array of orthopedic injuries. Joining Advanced Orthopedic Specialists in 2008, he brought advanced shoulder repair techniques to the region. A former baseball player, Dr.... More »
- Passionate about working with joint replacement and sports injury patients, Dr. Patrick Knight is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon providing comprehensive care for all types of joint, bone and tissue injuries. Dr. Knight is a team physician for Southeast Missouri State University... More »
- A former chief of surgery, Dr. Rickey Lents is board certified in both orthopedic surgery and hand surgery. Dr. Lents also treats other orthopedic injuries including shoulder injuries, knee pain, hip discomfort, and fractures. He also remains active in continuing medical... More »
- A Cape Girardeau native, Dr. August Ritter, III, is a third-generation orthopedic surgeon. His grandfather founded Advanced Orthopedic Specialists in 1934. Dr. Ritter sees patients of all ages and injury types and enjoys being involved in helping patients return to a... More »
- A team physician for Southeast Missouri State University Athletics, Dr. Brian Schafer, a board-certified orthopedic surgeon, joined Advanced Orthopedic Specialists from Tucson, Arizona where he was in practice with the United States Air Force Medical Group. Specializing in total joint replacement... More »
- Specializing in conditions from the collarbone to the fingertips, Dr. Andrew Trueblood is a Cape Girardeau native and graduate of Cape Central High School, Duke University, and the Vanderbilt University School of Medicine. In 2008, Dr. Trueblood completed his residency in... More »
- A specialty-trained Board Certified orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Khalid Waliullah completed his orthopedic residency at the University of Missouri. Dr. Waliullah specializes in hip and knee replacement, arthroscopic surgery, adult and pediatric fracture management, and treatment of sports related injuries to promote... More »