Did you know that heat is one of the leading causes of weather-related deaths and illnesses? It’s time to protect yourself! The doctors at Advanced Orthopedic Specialists put together the following tips to help you and your loved ones beat the heat this summer:
- Drink Up – Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of fluids, such as water or juice.
- Car Safety – Never leave children or pets alone in a closed vehicle.
- Clothing – Considering wearing clothing that is comfortable, loose, and lightly colored.
- Stay Cool – Avoid being outdoors with scorching temperatures. If you are outside, try to stay in the shade and take breaks as much as you can.
- Always Check on Others – Frequently check on family, friends, neighbors, or pets who don’t have air conditioning. Ensure that they have a fan or plenty of fluids to stay hydrated.