Preparing for My Surgery
After you and your doctor decide that surgery is the best treatment for your condition or injury, you may have a multitude of questions and concerns. Surgery is a major commitment because it affects your lifestyle for several weeks and sometimes months after surgery.
Planning for surgery can be overwhelming, but you can make it easier on yourself and on your family by being prepared and knowing what to expect.
Please use the links below to assist you in preparing for your orthopedic surgery:
- Basic Instruction: 0 to 7 Days Prior to My Surgery
- Preparation Guide: Ambulatory Assistive Devices
- Preparation Guide: Patient-Proof My Bathroom
- Preparation Guide: Patient-Proof My Home
- Preparation Guide: Personal Assistance
- Preparation Guide: Personal Preparation
- Preparation Guide: Travel Safety
For your convenience, you may download and print a PDF of all the information contained in the links on this page.
The latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view and print PDF files.