Advanced Orthopedic Specialists: Digital X-Ray
A digital X-ray (digital radiology) is a form of X-ray imaging where digital X-ray sensors are used in place of traditional photographic film. Digital X-ray is used to diagnose conditions by taking pictures of the inside of the body.
On the day of your digital X-ray:
- Bring your doctor’s order for your X-ray and your insurance card(s) with you to your appointment.
- If an X-ray has previously been taken, please bring the films/CD with you to your appointment.
- Indicate if you have any allergies, are diabetic, are taking any medications, or are pregnant or think you may be pregnant. These conditions may require special preparation.
X-rays that we perform include:
- Spine: cervical, thoracic, lumbar, sacrum, and coccyx; scoliosis
- Upper Torso: chest, ribs, shoulder, A-C Joints W/WTS, A-C joints WO/WTS, clavicle, scapula
- Upper Extremities: humerus, elbow, forearm, wrist, carpal navicul, hand, finger, thumb
- Pelvic Girdle: pelvis, pelvis & lateral, pelvis & lateral both hips, hip, Sacroiliac joints
- Lower Extremities: femur, knee, knee/ankle, tibia/fibula, ankle, foot, heel, toes, club foot; scannogram