Vaccination appointments are available at Saint Francis Medical Center, Monday through Friday:
Healing Arts Pharmacy
211 Saint Francis Drive
Please call 573-381-5958 to schedule an appointment.
If you have questions about the COVID-19 vaccine or if you are interested in receiving your vaccination, please visit the State of MIssouri COVID-19 Vaccine page.
If you have questions for your Saint Francis primary care provider, please send a message through MyChart or speak with them at your next scheduled appointment.
Visit KeepCapeStrong.com for more information on COVID-19-related resources and closures in Cape Girardeau County.
Vaccine Fact Sheets
Saint Francis Healthcare System operates multiple testing locations throughout the region, including Cape Girardeau, Sikeston, Poplar Bluff and Dexter. All testing locations are by appointment only; a pre-screening is required.
If you feel you may have COVID-19, please call the Coronavirus Community Nurse Hotline at 573-331-4200 between 8 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday for instructions; if you meet the CDC and DHSS testing criteria, you will receive further instructions on obtaining a test. If you do not meet the criteria, please call your primary care provider for instructions. If you feel you have a medical emergency, such as chest pain, stroke symptoms, severe shortness of breath, etc., please call 911 or come to the Emergency Department for evaluation.
Closures, Cancellations & Restrictions
In order to ensure the safety of our patients, visitors and staff, we are limiting visitors within Saint Francis clinics. We recognize, however, having family present to participate in a patient’s healthcare is a desire of many patients.
The following guidelines will be in place to ensure the safety of all patients, visitors and staff. Please see the “Visitor Guidelines Exceptions” section below for exceptions to these guidelines:
All Saint Francis Locations
The following guidelines apply to Saint Francis Medical Center and all practices and clinics:
- Masks are required at all times, regardless of vaccination.
- Visitors must provide their own mask. Masks with valves are not permitted. Masks must cover the nose and mouth.
- Visitors must always keep their mask on, including when in waiting rooms, patient rooms and examination rooms.
- Visitors should practice social distancing and maintain six feet from others. Waiting areas will have limited, socially distanced seating to limit contact with others.
- Visitors will be asked to exit the room for any aerosol-generating procedures or during collection of respiratory specimens.
- Any visitor that does not comply with visitor guidelines may be asked to leave.
Saint Francis Medical Center
In addition to the guidelines listed in the “All Saint Francis Locations“ section above, the following apply to patient visitors at Saint Francis Medical Center:
- Each patient may have two visitors in the Medical Center at a time. Visitors may come and go as necessary to allow other to visit. Visitors will be asked to leave the building if more than two are present.
- Visitors must be 18 years or older.
- Visitors may bring in their own food or visit one of the below restaurants:
- Tuscan Sun (6:30 am-7 pm)
- Fresh Healthy Café (Entrance 1 – 8 am-2 pm)
- Unless leaving to get food, we ask that visitors remain in the patient’s room during their visit.
Saint Francis Clinics
In addition to the guidelines listed in the “All Saint Francis Locations“ section above, the following apply to visitors accompanying patients at all Saint Francis clinics:
- All clinic patients will be allowed one visitor to accompany them for the duration of their time in the clinic.
- If a clinic waiting area becomes congested, the clinic staff may ask a patient and/or visitor to wait outside the clinic to allow for social distancing.
- Dependents of clinic patients will be handled on a case by case basis. Families with siblings and parents of pediatric patients should be allowed to attend the visit as long as the location can maintain safety for patients and colleagues.
Visitor Guidelines Exceptions
- Intensive Care Units (ICU) – Visiting hours for ICU are 10 am-noon and 2-6 pm daily.
- Family Birthplace (OB) and Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) – Patients in the Family Birthplace and NICU are allowed two designated visitors for the duration of the stay.
- Emergency Department (ED) – ED patients 18 and older are allowed one designated visitor for the duration of the visit.
- End of Life and COVID Patients – Visitors will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.
Any visitor who does not comply with the above visitor guidelines may be asked to leave.
- Floral deliveries to Saint Francis Healthcare System locations from outside vendors is currently suspended. Floral orders are available for delivery within the medical center through Inspire Boutique.
- Some on-site support groups and classes are temporarily cancelled. Please verify with organizers.